Celebrating Valentine's Day can be romantic and fun – but with the pressure to buy gifts and go to a fancy dinner, it can also be expensive.
Higher education blogger Kelci Lynn Lucier recently offered up these tips for a nontraditional Valentine's Day, no significant other required:
- Spend the day volunteering
- Organize a campus event focused on loving yourself, relationship issues or a healthy sex life
- Hang out with your friends
Here are a few more ideas, straight from the folks here at ScholarUp:
- Plan a cozy night in: With a few decorations and a little creativity, even your dorm room can transform into a romantic setting
- Embrace your sporty side: Buy tickets to a game on campus, hit up the bowling alley or batting cages, or try a new class at the gym
- Keep it simple: Order takeout and pick up a movie on Redbox - it's cheap, easy and you don't have to deal with traffic or crowds. Pizza, anyone?