If you are a high school senior:
- Schedule a meeting with your guidance
counselor to confirm you are on track to graduate and meet all college
- Request financial aid forms and applications
from any college or university you are interested in and mark the deadlines for
submission on your calendar.
- Register for and take the standardized tests
required for admission to your colleges of interest.
- Ask your guidance counselor and teachers to
submit any necessary documents (like a transcript or letter of recommendation)
to the colleges and scholarship sponsors to which you’re applying.
- Talk to your guidance counselor, parents,
church and local community foundation about available scholarships and find out
how to apply.
If you are a college student:
- Now is the time to buckle down – stay up to
date on your coursework and prepare for your exams.
- It’s a good idea to make sure you have selected
the classes you want to take next semester and have your next tuition payment figured
out. Ask older student for advice on the best classes and professors.
- Finally, don’t forget that there are many
scholarship opportunities out there for current college students – if you could
use some financial assistance, start searching now!