Summer is here! Do you have plans to make it productive? Check out our top five ways to make the most of your summer break.
- Research Colleges – Whether if it’s visiting a college or two or exploring your options online, there’s so much out there to learn about college! While sometimes we only think about the sports, campus life and popularity of a school, there are other factors you should look at. It’s important to know things like how much your dream school costs, if they even offer your desired major and where their students work after graduation.
- Get a part-time job – Babysitting, mowing lawns, pet sitting, or even picking up a side job at your local pool, there are plenty of ways to get your side hustle on this summer.
- Try something new. – When was the last time you saw something cool and thought to yourself, I could do that if I tried? Take the time to learn something new this summer. Explore DIYs on YouTube, pick up a how-to book, teach yourself how to sew, perfect those makeup skills. With so much time on your hands for the next few months, the possibilities could be endless!
- Read – Sounds so cliché, but reading really is fundamental. Being an avid reader means you’re more likely to learn something new every day. Reading also enhances your memory, helps to boost your analytical thinking, expands your vocabulary and more. Never stop learning. 😊
- Volunteer – Take the time to do something for others this summer. Volunteering offers a rewarding feeling because you’ve contributed to a cause greater than yourself. You can also utilize volunteer hours on your resume, college and scholarship applications.