About International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc.
International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) is the premier provider of scholarship and tuition management services. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of first-class services and we have extensive experience with both online and paper-based scholarship applications. We specialize in full service solutions for corporations, associations, foundations and other educational gift-giving organizations.
ISTS’s team takes great pride in the Corporate Culture of the company. Priority is placed on the corporate code: Family First—Honesty Always—No Stamp Booking—Self-Management—Respect for Differences—Financial Stability and Give Back. ISTS full-time team members enjoy Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, as well as a profit-sharing plan and 401k.
Customer Care Specialist
The Customer Care department is the first point of contact for many of our applicants, school counselors, parents, and other people involved in the application process. Customer Care Specialists work closely with the Operations Department to ensure the highest standards of service are met for all of ISTS’ customers. They respond to inquiries via telephone, live chat and e-mail, ensuring clear, friendly, professional and timely replies to all questions. The Customer Care Specialist reports to the Vice President of Customer Care.
- Reply to inquiries via telephone, e-mail and live chat
- Use available resources efficiently to assess the customer’s issue and recommend valid solutions
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate Program Manager or supervisor
- Record details of each customer interaction and any actions taken
- Follow up on any customer issues requiring additional research
- Maintain adequate knowledge of all internal software and systems
- Communicate with Vice President of Customer Care and/or Operations team regarding status of issues
- Attend all Customer Care team meetings, as required
*The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual: English & Spanish
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff while maintaining a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and integrate a proactive approach to assignments
- Ability to request assistance as needed
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to quickly learn and adjust to new systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal English required, bilingual skills preferred
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience with customer service desired
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with SharePoint a plus
Interested? Please submit a resume to: