ScholarUp is always on the lookout for exciting opportunities to share with readers – and recently we came across The Paradigm Challenge. This unique contest offers cash prizes ranging from $500-$100,000 and the top three teams receive a 4 day/3 night trip to Los Angeles to be recognized in The Paradigm Challenge Award Ceremony.
The definition of paradigm is: a group of ideas about how to approach a problem. The problem at hand, in this case, is home fires. Did you know that home fires are America’s number one disaster threat? They cause more deaths than earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes combined. Home fires – most often caused by cooking, heat, electrical problems and smoking – can happen to anyone, at any time, but are easily preventable. The Paradigm Challenge hopes to encourage and inspire youth to create ideas that can ultimately help save lives.
- WHO: Youth aged 7-18 years old (as of May 1, 2015) are eligible to participate.
- WHAT: Brainstorm new ways to prevent injuries and fatalities from home fires and submit your best idea. All types of entries are accepted, including posters, videos, inventions and community events.
- WHEN: The deadline for entries is May 1, 2016.
- WHY: Make a difference in the world around you and win some money for college.
- HOW: Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges based on effectiveness, feasibility, originality, presentation and collaboration. The public will vote for their favorite finalist from May 11, 2016 to May 25, 2016.
The Paradigm Challenge also sponsors a contest to help fight against home fires and 10 winners are selected each month! All you have to do is upload your photo or video and have your friends and family vote for your entry.
Visit www.projectparadigm.org for more information on all available opportunities.